06 June 2019 1300
After a crash course in HTML coding, I believe I have the website
mostly up and functional. Since I was pulling much of the text
out of a database, and trying to parse out the database code from the
text, well, some words got eaten somehow. Mostly, the were "were,
was, her, for, who and why". I have no idea how that happened.
If you happen to catch a missing word here or there, that's why
it's not there. I'll be checking things out over time and fixing
them as I go.
The centering issues are now fixed. That was a result of the HTMP
code not understanding what I wanted, so I beat it up with multiple
copy and pastes from the one page I got right, and adjusted tops
accordingly. It's not "perfect", but it's functional.
26 May 2019
I started a 4 book per year goal in 2017 and have been able to keep it
so far. This year, though, things may be different.
used to a stable home life and unfortunately, our landlord needs his
house back to live in. So we are going to have to move, and
far have no idea where we will be. We hope to stay in the
general area, but the housing costs here are the worst in the
country, with a three bedroom home going for $2600/month (and that's a
Our finances are not good, and there's a very real possibility that we
might end up homeless (at least for a time).
Needless to say, this will have a major deterimental impact on my
writing. I HOPE to get the third Seren book out before we
move (which is August 1st). But I won't be finishing any
before then, because I won't have the focus I need to do them justice.
The book descriptions and backstory pages will likely wait until we're
settled into a more reliably permanent living situation. If
like to help out I started a GoFundMe for us around the beginning of
this month. https://www.gofundme.com/manage/Help-Disabled-Veterans-Move
Even if you can't donate, passing on the link to
your Facebook page or Twitter account would be greatly appreciated.
It should come as no surprise that the website is different.
As a forum, it was convenient for me to add things from time to time,
but I'm not entirely certain it was worth the trouble. It
required frequent updating and my original domain host could offer no
assistance. In the last update, the whole website basically
This caused me to reevaluate how this was going to work out, and I
decided not to get too fancy and just put up the stuff that needed to
be put up. In other words, I'm rocking it like it's 1999
– literally – in how I'm putting this thing
I'll still be putting up new books, under the List of Books,
and making announcements here as well as on Twitter.
I'm debating the wisdom of continuing to have the "Coming Attractions"
list, since many times I've put things on there, then decided not to
publish them after all. Right now, I don't plan on doing that
anymore as formal announcements. But I expect to be
things I might be working on in the Being
P. H. Campbell page.
So my pace is going to change a bit. When I finish a book and
have the cover art started, THEN I know I'll publish it. Then
will show up on List of Books as "pending", which means it should be
published within the next few weeks.
So that's how I plan to do things from now on. Of course, if
change, I'll let you folks know.